The agency indicates on its website that these products may have been sold nationally and online.
The following products should not be consumed:
- IM Healthy, Creamy Soy Butter (CUP 6 54989 94020 0)
- IM Healthy, Crispy soy butter (CUP 6 54989 95020 9)
- IM Healthy, Sugar-Free Soy Butter (CUP 6 54989 96020 8)
- IM Healthy Soya butter – honey (CUP 6 54989 97020 7)
- IM Healthy Soya Butter – Chocolate (CUP 6 54989 98020 6)
The agency recalls that food contaminated with the E. coli O157: H7 bacteria does not necessarily show visible changes or suspicious odors, but can still cause illness. Possible symptoms include nausea, vomiting, more or less acute abdominal cramps, and watery or bloody diarrhea. The disease can lead to death.
The agency made this recall after a similar reminder was made in the United States, where at least nine people were sick after consuming these products.
However, the agency reports that no cases of illness have yet been reported in Canada.