A panel of doctors has accepted the request of a girl aged 10, who is a victim of rape from the Haryana state of India kaskazni of abortion.
Dr Ashok Chauhan told the BBC that such action can now be taken at any time.
The girl became pregnant almost five months ago. He allegedly raped by stepfather has been arrested, reports the BBC.
The laws in India do not allow abortion after 20 weeks, without the consent of the doctors that a pregnant woman’s life in danger.
The decision to allow the girl to have an abortion was taken to court after telling doctors that accept.
India is home to a large number of children who are sexually assaulted.
Still no power to discuss the issue clearly and are rarely discussed publicly.
Studies have shown that in many cases such a child of ten years, those who perform are people known to the children themselves, especially carers as parents, relatives and teachers.
The scale of abuse in India
- A child under 16 is raped every 155 minutes, a child under 10 every 13 hours
- More than 10,000 children were raped in 2015
- 240 million women living in India were married before they turned 18
- 53.22% of children who participated in a government study reported some form of sexual abuse
- 50% of abusers are known to the child or are “persons in trust and care-givers”
Sources: Indian government, Unicef