Mother’s Day is fast approaching (it falls on May 8 this year). If you’re like most Canadians, you’ll soon be looking for a place to take your mom out for Sunday brunch.
The second Sunday of May is traditionally the busiest day of the year for brunch reservations which, according to OpenTable, the majority (64 per cent) of us procrastinate to make.
So to help you pick a spot, the restaurant booking and review service has come out with a list of its 75 best-ranked brunch spots.
“Our research revealed nearly 50 per cent of Canadians dine out on this special day, but the majority of us find at least one aspect of Mother’s Day stressful,” said OpenTable spokesperson Ziv Schierau in a statement.
“With this list… we hope to relieve some of that stress.”
Ontario has the most top brunch spots on the list, which is based on more than 275,000 restaurant reviews submitted for about 1,700 restaurants. Canada’s most populous province takes up 29 of the 75 spots on the list.
Alberta comes in second. It’s home to 18 of the best brunch places — 11 of which are in Calgary.
B.C. follows with 14 of the most-loved restaurants for the early morning meal.
Quebec has 10 of them, and Manitoba has four.
Here are the top 10 eateries in the five provinces that made the list:
Best Brunch Spots in B.C.
- The Teahouse Restaurant – Vancouver
- Seasons in the Park – Vancouver
- Neverland Tea Salon – Vancouver
- Homer Street Cafe & Bar – Vancouver
- Dockside Restaurant & Brewing Company – Vancouver
- Shaughnessy Restaurant – Vancouver
- Catch 122 Cafe & Bistro – Vancouver
- Oru – Vancouver
- Trafalgars Bistro – Vancouver
- Boathouse Horseshoe Bay – West Vancouver
Best Brunch Spots in Alberta
- River Café – Calgary
- Canteen – Edmonton – Edmonton
- Vero Bistro Moderne – Calgary
- Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant – Calgary
- The Fine Diner – Calgary
- The Lake House – Calgary
- Tom Goodchild’s Moose Factory – Edmonton
- Thomsons – Calgary
- Heartland Cafe – Okotoks
- Symons Roadhouse – Calgary
Best Brunch Spots in Ontario
- Cluny – Toronto
- Colette Grand Cafe and Bakery – Toronto
- Cambridge Mill – Cambridge
- Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill, Bayview Village – Toronto
- Spencer’s at the Waterfront – Burlington
- Ancaster Mill – Ancaster
- FRANK @ The Art Gallery of Ontario – Toronto
- Mildred’s Temple Kitchen – Toronto
- La Société – Toronto
- Drake Hotel – Toronto
Best Brunch Spots in Québec
- Barbounya – Montréal
- Birks Café par Europea – Montréal
- H4C Place St-Henri – Montréal
- La Fabrique – Montréal, Québec
- Le Montréalais – Fairmont Le Reine Elizabeth – Montréal
- Maison Boulud – Montréal
- Pavillon 67 – Resto Casino – Montréal
- Restaurant Leméac – Montréal
- Restaurant Su – Verdun
- Banco Bistro – Casino du Lac Leamy – Gatineau
Best Brunch Spots in Manitoba