Mothers day here and this is the time of year where people all over the country are trying to describe the importance of a mother in quotes. How can a quote encompass the importance of a mother? Truly, it cannot, but lets see what people have come up with all over the country.
“Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” This quote rings true for most people, who will love their mothers no matter what age.
“Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” And “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” Many mothers day quotes such as these have to do with the expanse of a mothers love, there is nothing quite as powerful as the love between a mother and child.
“The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men – from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.” There are so many quotes that say in different words, we love our mothers. Let your mom know she is loved on Mothers day this year.
Top 10 Best Sayings for New Moms
1. “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” — Maya Angelou
2. “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.” –Ani DiFranco
3. “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.” – Pamela S. Nadav
4. “The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.” — Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
5. “I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.” — E. M. Forster
6. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die.” — Mary Mason
7. “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
8. “Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.” — Lin Yutang
9. “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” — Ricki Lake
10. “That first pregnancy is a long sea journey to a country where you don’t know the language, where land is in sight for such a long time that after a while it’s just the horizon – and then one day birds wheel over that dark shape and it’s suddenly close, and all you can do is hope like hell that you’ve had the right shots.” — Emily Perkins
religious mothers day quotes
“Her children arise up, and call her blessed.” — Proverbs, 31:28
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” — Proverbs 22:6
“Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck.” — Proverbs, 1:8-9
“‘Honor thy father and thy mother’ stands written among the three laws of most revered righteousness.” –Aeschylus
“God could not be everywhere, and so He made mothers.” — Old Jewish Proverb
“Heaven is at the feet of mothers.” — Arabic Proverb
“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln
“There are those who curse their fathers and do not bless their mothers.” — Proverbs, 30:11